Lindsay Trimble

Lindsay Trimble, known as LT to many of her friends, is an elite DH mountain bike racer. Riding mainly on the North Shore of Vancouver, she lives and works in Burnaby, BC and is on her bike any chance she gets. This season she will be competing in Canada Cups, BC Cups, Canadian National Championships, and the Oregon Enduro Series with the support of Rocky Mountain Bikes and the Bryson Racing Clan. Check in for updates on rides, races and results throughout the season!

Sunday, March 13, 2011

FVMBA XC #1


I can't describe how excited I am that race season is finally starting. Although there's no DH races for another month or so, I am just as happy to get out on the trails for some 'just for fun' cross country races. Last weekend myself, Cheryl Moore and Alex Dove as well team manager/cheering squad D'Arcy O'Connor trekked out to Mission for the first in a new series put on by the FVMBA of 6 races that span the season. There are XC, Super D, and All mountain races in the 6 and an overall points winner, as well as a special category for those who are using one bike (and fork) to race all six races.

I'm going to try to make it out to all of the races if I can, and will be racing all of the races on my 2011 Rocky Mountain Element with a 120 mm fox fork. If there was ever a 'bike to rule them all' for XC and AM I'd have to say that this is definitely it.

The first XC race was a super fun greasy course with a healthy dose of climbing though Heritage Park. I was happy to come a respectable 4th place in the Open Women category and am looking forward to working on my climbing and fitness a bit more in the next few weeks. Best parts of the day were definitely a tie between the final steep loose descent in the race, and the Swiss Chalet chicken feast that we partook in after.



2 comments:

  1. XC races... Agony as a hobby. :P It was fun though. Can't wait 'til the next post-race Swissch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I coulda come!! Last place is fun.

    ReplyDelete